Thursday, 13 September 2012

The perfect cookie recipe!


I thought I'd take a break from beauty today and give you a sweet treat in the form of a cookie recipe. I tried this out today and let me say, I'm in love! It's the best cookie recipe I've tried.


(Photo taken on my iPhone)

What do you need?

250g plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
170g unsalted butter, melted
200g dark brown soft sugar
100g caster sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
325g chocolate chips

I did not have bicarbonate of soda so skipped this and also 325g of chocolate chips is a lot! I used 200g and it was still super sweet. I'd probably recommend using slightly less sugar as well.

1. Preheat the oven to 170 C / Gas mark 3. Grease baking trays or line with parchment. I used butter to grease mine on the first batch and parchment on the second and I found parchment was way better as the cookies didn't stick or break at all!

2. Sift together the flour, bicarb and salt; set aside.

3. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and caster sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon. Drop cookie dough onto the prepared baking trays, with each cookie around 4 tablespoons of dough (for smaller cookies, drop 1 rounded tablespoonful and adjust baking time as necessary). Do not flatten the dough. Cookies should be about 8cm apart.

4. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking trays for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

The really important part here is not to flatten the dough! Lots of times I've done this and it stops the cookies from being chewy and soft which is what I love about cookies.

What do you think? Let me know if you try them :) I totally recommend!

*Don't forget to enter my giveaway here!*

6 comments:

  1. These look yummy, i love chewysoft cookies!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delish, now craving home baked cookies. Yummy! x

    at-rubik.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. jeeze, that really is a lot of chocolate chips haha. but i can never have too much chocolate so i'd probably just use that amount ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man these look amazing, now I really want cookies! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOD I need to try these, they definitely look perfect!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks incredible. Thanks for sharing! :) xo

    ReplyDelete