Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Review: Soap and Glory The Greatest Scrub of All

Hi lovelies! Firstly I must apologise if I seem a bit MIA lately...I'm moving back to Birmingham for my final year tomorrow and as you can imagine it's a bit stressful - last minute trying to read all the books I was meant to read this summer and of course, trying to figure out what clothes to pack! Why can't I just take everything that I own?!

I was thinking of what beauty products to take to uni that I would really miss if I didn't take and I grabbed this one pretty fast.



I'm a big fan of facial exfoliators and never seem to find the perfect one. I used to love St Ives but then they changed their formula and the smell put me off of their apricot scrub...for some reason to me it started to smell really like salt?! Definitely put me off...

I picked this up whilst I was actually going to pick up a Sanctuary face mask in Boots. But although I really enjoyed their 5 minute detox mask (hence why it's in my giveaway!) I wanted something a bit different. Boots had an offer on buy one Soap & Glory facial product, get the second half price so I was easily won over! I bought their No Clogs Allowed Deep Pore Mask and this facial scrub.



Price: £9.00 for 125ml from Boots
Key Ingredients: Smaller bits are made up of "sillicami particles" but there are biggest beads made up of salicyllic acid
Smell: If you've ever used their bath products, you can see the formula is very Soap and Glory-esque. The smell isn't quite what I expected, it's not like their bath or shower products. I think it has a vague mint smell but it does smell nice overall.
Effectiveness: I've mainly used drug-store scrubs such as Garnier and St Ives before this but wow this is worth spending that bit extra! I've been using it a few times a week as I have quite oily skin and it recommends a "pea sized" amount to be massaged into the face. I also use the Body Shop facial loofer as this is a great way to get rid of any dead skin cells. It leaves my skin with a lovely glow and I've seen a slightly reduction in blackheads since using it for a fortnight - I have awful blackheads though, they're the bane of my existence pretty much! I would definitely repurchase this especially if Boots had an offer on it.

Have you used this scrub? What did you think?

*Don't forget to enter my giveaway here, only 4 days left!*

10 comments:

  1. How hard is it deciding what to bring to uni! Ive not tried this but I love other soap and glory products I've tried xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is horrible...! Too many things. xxx

      Delete
  2. I'm obsessed with facial scrubs, this sounds lovely! Good luck packing everything for uni! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds great, i have some gross blackheads that need sorting out ahah

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried this scrub in the past but unfortunately it didn't do it for me. I suppose different products work differently on different people xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh that's strange! But yes definitely!xxx

      Delete
  5. Great review, I really need to try some Soap & Glory products! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'd definitely recommend all their bath stuffxx

      Delete