Friday, 14 September 2012

Review: Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Hair Mask

Now last year I used to love Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner, using it pretty much religiously. I have nothing against the brand now as I think they create reasonably good results on hair but I just like to try out other products.



This mask was one that I picked out in Superdrug while looking for something to rescue my hair and it was most likely on offer at the time.

It retails at £3.99 but coincidentally Superdrug currently has it on offer at £1.95, bargain!

Herbal Essences say "Split End Protection Intensive Mask helps protect your hair against split ends and breakage. Indulge yourself with its velvety conditioner and pampering treatments. "

So what did I think of the product?

Firstly the product has a lovely scent which is very fruity and makes your hair smell lovely. I usually used this product after shampooing my hair a few times a week, mainly concentrating on the ends. 

I used quite a lot of this product every time I used it as if you get it on offer you don't have to feel guilty about how much you use!

I've read a lot of reviews that said they weren't happy with the consistency of the product as they didn't feel it was much thicker than the shampoo and conditioner. I haven't actually used the shampoo or conditioner so can't really comment, but I think the thickness is OK really.

After I wash it out my hair is a lot easier to detangle (it can be an absoloute nightmare) and feels softer. I'm not sure how much it deals with split ends as I always seem to have them but I would say that it definitely improves the overall quality of your hair quite a bit.

So overall I'm pretty happy with this product especially for the price (fab for student budgets) and would probably purchase, maybe trying a different one of their masks :).

Have you used this product? What did you think?

(Sorry for the lack of my own photos, I am in a very lazy mood today I cannot lie)

*Don't forget to enter my giveaway over here!*

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh my split ends need a bit of tlc at the moment for £1.95 you can't complain! I'm going to give it a try! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard lovely things about the blue version of this mask!

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the blue one is amazing and helps with split ends as well!! Could you please consider following each other? www.shineonbyandrea.blogspot.com Twitter:@shineonbyandrea

    ReplyDelete