Friday, 21 September 2012

Review: Body Shop Shimmer Cube Palette in Warm


Hi lovelies! I'm back in Birmingham safe and sound. It's raining, obviously, and I'm stuck inside feeling very tired and a little grumpy :(! So I stopped reading my academic books and thought I'd have a read of your blogs instead. Much more fun.

Today I received my Body Shop order which I enjoyed a 40% off thanks to Body Shop always offering deals to me by email and me falling for their marketing every time. I chose this product as I actually saw someone else's review (I'm really sorry I can't remember who, I have an awful memory) and thought it looked lovely!


Here's what I ordered:
1) Shimmer Cube Palette 06 in Warm - £16.00
2) BB Cream in Light (I was really excited about this, review coming soon) - £12.00
3) Foot pumice, yum - £3.00
4) They sent me a free sample of tea tree oil, yay!

This was meant to come to £31.00 but I got it for £18.60. I love offers.


Top Left colour: Marshmallow
Top Right colour: Honeycomb
Bottom Left: Choc Chip
Bottom Right: Dark Chocolate

(This is making me hungry...)


I used marshmallow as a base all over my eyes after applying eye primer by ELF. I then used honeycomb on top and blended them together with my ELF blending brush. I then used Choc Chip in my crease using the same brush and then used dark chocolate in the outer corner of my eye, top and bottom. I then used black eyeliner from Rimmel and my Yves Saint Laurent Volume Mascara sample that I got from Whats In My Handbag.



Hopefully you can see how it turned out!

I think the colours are lovely and are great for an everyday look. I think my very colour is marshmallow. I find that browns are really good for green eyes as they make them "pop".

I don't think £16.00 is a bad price as there is a lot of product there and the colour is lovely and pigmented. As I got mine for £9.60 it's an absolute bargain considering the quality.

Have you ever used the shimmer cube palettes? Did you like them?

*Don't forget to enter my giveaway here, only two days left!*

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, i saw a review of this recently too and can't remember where ahah !

    Sophierosehearts x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sophie :) Haha I'm glad it's not just me!!x

      Delete
  2. Love the cubes from The Body Shop, I have similar ones from Catrice!
    You've got yourself a new follower. :)

    I would love to get a followback if you are interested in my blog! <3
    http://girlsandbeyond.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) I'll definitely check out your blog xxx

      Delete
  3. The shimmer cube looks so pretty!

    Check out my blog? My first ever giveaway is ending really soon!

    sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Followed and entered your giveaway :) xxx

      Delete
  4. This is a such a pretty neutral look! :) Love it when the Body Shop have offers on. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love the look of the shimmer cubes, they're so pretty! This one looks especially lovely xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post, those eye shadows look good (:

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tried the Body Shop BB cream recently- in light, too. I was a bit disappointed with it as it came out a tad orange! The shimmer cubes look like something to buy though!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Body Shop make-up, the eye shadows look lovely on you :)

    onelittlevice.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw this palette in boots, and I was about to buy it. In the end I didn't as I own too many, it looks really pretty though. xo

    ReplyDelete