Wednesday, 5 September 2012

Cheap alternatives to expensive clothes!

Hi lovelies! Thought I'd squeeze in a blog post today as I am feeling a little bit more cheerful today about my work experience. The last two days I've been basically ignored by my editor...but today I got to go out with some reporters and I got to meet Terry Wogan! How random/cool is that?!

Anyway! As I'm going back to university soon I'm on the look out for cheap ways to stretch a student budget to still buy fashionable clothes and accessories.

Here's a few things I found:


I'm in love with Mulberry Alexa bags. I just can't help it. I fell in love as soon as I saw them. But the £795 price tag is just not possible for me. Maybe one day when I marry someone super rich or have an amazing career... *cough*


Ebay copy, £15.99

Isn't this amazing?! OK so it doesn't look at nice but for an easy everyday bag that you can throw your stuff in, I think it's perfect.








I was recently about to purchase some ballet pumps from Topshop (£25.00) and found pretty much the same ones for £7.99 in New Look!


--

Isn't it fab when you find something so similar but cheaper!

What bargains have you found recently?

13 comments:

  1. Great finds! :) It's definitely always worth checking the cheaper stores before buying from the more expensive ones, you might find something just as nice!
    Helen at Never Quite Elegant xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was really helpful! I was going get that studded jumper from Topshop but after seeing that theres virtually no difference between the two I think I'll go for the new look one!!

    pariswhenitspink.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah I love this post - topshop do lovely things but they are just so overpriced and the quality doesn't match! I love those matalan studded shoes especially.

    The boots you asked about are from Office btw :) they were pretty expensive but they feel like they'll last a log time! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked the post! I love seeing posts like this also. Topshop are really annoying me at the moment with their prices so I'm trying to look at different shops.

      Thanks, I'll def check them out!xx

      Delete
  4. Love posts like these, that show cheaper 'dupes' of things. I really like that eBay bag- great find
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a really great post! Love that bag!
    I followed GFC/BlogLovin, follow back?
    http://www.ashleythefashionguru.blogspot.com
    <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have a look at your blog now Ashley :) x

      Delete
  6. Lovely finds! You'll never beat a mulberry though haha. I have much love for them!!

    Lashesandlaces.blogspot.co.uk

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these kinds of posts, great finds x

    ReplyDelete